Bill Manes/Alternative Ed Continuation High School is open to all students in SPVUSD age 16 or older*.
The program of Bill Manes is an alternatively structured education model, designed to permit students to focus on only two classes per grading period, with the potential to complete as many as 8 courses per school year.
Students at Bill Manes may be permitted to participate in many activities with their peers at SPVHS, including athletics and assemblies, and voluntarily enrolled students may petition for transfer to SPVHS at each semester end.
The following is required to register a student:
- Proof of Age:
- Certified copy of birth record
- Statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
- Baptism certificate
- Shot records – grades 7-12 must have TDAP shot
- Residency-2 forms of residency are required (for example):
- Property tax payment receipts
- Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts
- Utility service contract, statements, or payment receipts
- Pay stubs
- Voter registration
- Correspondence from a government agency
- Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of the student
- Transcript-or report card, anything from the other school to show where to place student